Friday, April 6, 2012

I'm Putting it All Out There!

Now that I have aired all of Donald's weight loss issues, I figure it is time for me to put it all out there about myself. He has nothing on me. I have struggled with my weight for a very long time. When Donald and I met, I was a size 12.He was good to me. He wined and dined and bought me all those things I had not been able to buy for myself. We both loved to eat! By the time we got married a year later, I was a size 22. Yes, he married me anyway! I do have a great guy.

So that is how it started.
Here is the rest.

Several times throughout our marriage, I tried and succeeded at losing some weight. At one time, I got back down to that 12 only to swell right back up again within a few months. In 2004, I had gastric bypass surgery. This was not an easy decision. It is a difficult recovery and it changes your life forever. Both in good and bad ways. I am glad I did it. At the time of my surgery, I weighed 280 pounds. At 5'7" or any height, that is huge. That was the heaviest I ever reached. So within a year, I lost down to 150 pounds. The smallest that I had been since high school. I was thrilled with the weight loss but the problem with losing that amount of weight is that everything did not go back to where it was originally. I had extra skin in places that it should not have been and there were things that were supposed to be higher on my body that, well, just weren't! Great visual huh? I made myself a promise that I would work out for a year and do everything I could for my body before I would even look at getting any kind of lift or tuck. So for the next 7 years, I started, then I quit and did it all over again.


My 30th  Birthday

The turning point came last summer when I had gained back up to 176 pounds and had the looming dread of turning 40 on my next birthday. So I joined Weight Watchers and started walking. I have said before that I love WW. If you think you might like the program, you should most definitely go to their site and check it out. Anyway, I started losing weight and began doing more vigurous workouts. I had several work out tapes and did some aerobics and yoga and was feeling better and better. Then my son got me The Biggest Loser Workout for Xbox 360 Kinect. I love it! It is like having your own trainer and gives you accountability too.

Last Summer

I had set my goal weight at 140 pounds. My goal to reach this weight was determined by the fact that it was half of what I weighed at the time of my surgery. I wanted to say, "I am half the woman I used to be". Then around Februaru, I stuck right around 150, give a few. In the middle of March, I reset my goal weight at 150 since that seemed to be where my body wanted to be and I wasn't disatisfied with my progress. I could live with it.

Then came A.C.E.!

I was originally interested in A.C.E for Donald because he had such a hard time staying on any kind of program the way he works. After his first week and all the wonderful things he had to say about A.C.E, I decided I would try it for a few weeks and see if I could reach my original goal weight. Guess what! It is working!!! The first week, I lost 3 pounds. This week, I have lost 2.4 more! That is more than I have lost in total without A.C.E. in two months. Hello 144.6! I think I am going to make my goal! It truly helped me get over that hump! I didn't change anything! I still stayed within my points range daily and exercised everyday. The only thing I added was the A.C.E.
My 40th Birthday

My WW log for the last 10 weeks. I have lost 7.2 pounds and 5.4 of that is since I started A.C.E!

This summer will be a year of me working out. I hope to be able to get the work done that I have promised myself. I am beginning to believe more and more that it can happen with the help of the new business that A.C.E has provided me. This stuff works! I am so excited about it! If you need energy, need to lose a lot of weight or a little, please contact me so I can give you a trial pack. I just know that you will love it as much as we do!! Denise Thrasher acesforme@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started using this product earlier this week. I know it suggested that you wait at least 3 weeks before you weigh, but I couldn't wait. I am already down 3 pounds! Thanks Denise for introducing me to this! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being so transparent, Denise. You're an inspiration. :)